Tax Advice for Landlords and Property Investors
As a landlord, you’ll know that tax is an increasingly complex area and that specialist taxation advice is essential to ensure that you comply with your reporting obligations. Any individual who receives income from letting a property has to declare this to the HM Revenue & Customs, even if they do not make a profit.
Tax Planning for Landlords and Property Investors
At the same time, you need a strategy that enables you to pay the minimum amount of tax on your rental profits. You also need to be aware of the tax issues you face, not only as a property investor, but also as an individual with income from your career, your business and your other investments.
As investors ourselves and by having many clients with property portfolios, we have both in-depth knowledge and practical experience of the property sector, which will enable you to maximise rental returns by minimising your tax liabilities.
We can advise you on:
- Claiming tax relief on all your property expenses.
- Understanding the tax implications of maintenance and repairs.
- Wear and tear allowance.
- Offsetting over rental losses.
- Advising on what paperwork you must keep.
- Opportunities for married couples holding rental properties.
- Financing your rental property.
- The best structure for holding your rental property.
- Capital Gains Tax.
- Principal Private Residence Relief.
- Letting Relief.
To find out more about our tax services for landlords, call us today on 0115 928 3228.
Download our quick guides for landlords and property owners:
View our presentation for The Tax-Efficient Landlord